When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What will you do?
- Performs equipment and facility installations and repairs as needed by internal customers or as determined through routine audits (including but not limited to electrical, plumbing (boilers, pretreatment systems, stills, etc.), refrigeration systems (ultra-low freezers, walk in freezers & coolers, rack systems), HVAC (rooftop package units and systems with desiccant driers), chillers and associated pump packages.
- Works with various departments to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Completes emergency repairs as needed.
- Completes preventative maintenance on equipment and building systems as established in department procedures and audits, and required by regulatory agencies.
- Orders and maintains inventory of spare parts, consumables and change tooling equipment Monitors Facilities and Manufacturing operating equipment on a daily basis, troubleshooting problems and inefficiencies and recommending possible solutions.
- Coordinates the services of outside vendors when necessary.
- Identifies existing and potential operational problems and inefficiencies and recommend resolutions.
- Assists in developing and maintaining required documentation including but not limited to blue prints, plans, and permits according to Company procedures and the requirements of external parties.
- Documents daily facilities and manufacturing equipment operation and maintenance activities. Performs other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Position is 2nd shift Friday-Monday, 10 hour shift.
How will you get here?
- High school diploma or equivalent with technical certification in more than one relevant mechanical and/or electrical trade
- At least 3-5 years related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- A thorough working knowledge of relevant systems and equipment and the related regulatory requirements needed; mastery of more than one trade
- Solid communications, customer service and technical skills
- Prior experience repairing HVAC/refrigeration systems
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: